Monday 19 May 2008

11 hours and counting

It's official, while I sit here listening to The Wombats, there's only approx 11 hours till I fly out of Adelaide for my holiday in Phuket. I have 7 days of wonderful, tropical, monsoonal weather ahead of me, with days averaging 30degrees; nothing too warm.. or wet :) On the way I have a nice lay-over period in Melbourne where my buddey Jasmin and I will be chillaxing in the CBD doing.. anything really. I also have the same stop in Melbourne on my way back which is awesome as I thoroughly enjoy the place.

I also have an International Drivers Permit which is sweeet, I do plan on
eventually getting some light mode of transport when I settle down in Edinburgh come late August, whether that be a rickety old bicycle or a sweet scooter.

So now for the details of Phuket. I'm staying in a hotel resort for my first 2 nights with my friends at Thavorn Beach, Patong. My next 4 nights will be spent in a hostel in the middle of Phuket Town.. where i'll be based, [hopefully] making trips down along the east and southern coastlines to places like Cape Panwa, Rawai Beach, Promthep Cape, Nai Harn Beach, Kata + Karon Beach.. and hopefully up to the north of the island.. I have no idea what's there and I want to find out!!

There's some popular islands a lot of tourists go to, such as Phi Phi island which is unfortunately being destroyed much thanks to unsustainable tourism, so I wont be going there. Chances are i'll stick to Phuket unless I can get a boat to a small island called Ko Racha Rai just below Rawai. Although if it's stormy I wont bother with this island.

I might try do a blog while i'm in the Phuket Town hostel, i'm sure i'll have time.

Oh wow.. only 10 hours and 59 minutes to go...

No comments: