Thursday 21 August 2008

Den Haag

Lowlands was an amazing festival, I met some of the best people I now know and had some of the best times of my life, so far. If I could I would come back next year to party for another 3.5 days!

But for now I've been back into the traveling bit, moved down to Den Haag on Tuesday night pretty unorganised, only found a couchsurfer that afternoon! Was pretty lucky that we could be hosted at such short notice. Lee and I have been staying with a Dutch couple; Marco + Suzanne, in a nice area of Den Haag close to the beaches. However, today's our last day and we're moving East to Nijmegen (pronunced in a very strange way). Sometime after that we should be going down to Maastricht if all goes well.

I've booked a ticket home to Adelaide for the 23rd September, arriving on the 24th. That gives me another solid month of travels and here's what i'm planning to do; See my mum's brother in Brussels (see Bruge and Antwerp if possible), spend some time in Dublin with 2 friends of mine who live there, finally suss out Edinburgh for a few days and see what the fuss is all about with that town, hopefully get down to Cardiff in Wales as my mum was born there, finally ending my trip in London for a few days before heading home.

Back to the NL; this country is awesome! The people are friendly and the scenery is amazing, I spent 17 days in Amsterdam because it's so cool there, and not for the reasons most people go there for. Out of all the few countries I've been to so far, this one is my favourite!


No comments: