Tuesday 15 July 2008

London

So before I go on about London I have to mention something that happened at LAX; Robert and I were waiting to check in with Air New Zealand when a bunch of religious finatics (catholics we assume) began singing and playing the tambourine, we were very glad that we weren't on their flight to Sydney!

I can't be bothered going back to update something from mid last week so i'll just ramble on about London, London's great, I was excited for a change of scenery as well and the colder English climate tickled m fancy, turns out that my first day there was quite warm.. maybe 19-degrees celcius, though did rain briefly. Robert and I stayed at this hostel in an area called Bayswater.. a nice place really. Out hostel was a big crummy, breakfast was below mediocre and the place could've done with some general maintenance.

We got lost 2 times trying to find the hostel which wasn't a good start, especially considering when Robert has the pocket-sized A-Z street guide of London, but we found the place eventually and that's all that matters now. Our dorm had a balcony which was pretty cool, we sat out there for a bit and ended up doing some drinking there too.


No comments: